(Grundgesetz für die Bundesrepublik Deutschland)
(1) Human dignity is inviolable. To respect and protect them is a duty (of all state authority).
(2) (The German people) (We) are therefore committed to inviolable and inalienable human rights as the basis of every human community, peace and justice in the world.
(3) The following basic rights bind legislation, executive power and jurisdiction as directly applicable law.
(1) Everyone has the right to the free development of his personality, provided that he does not violate the rights of others (and does not violate the constitutional order or the moral law.)
(2) Everyone has the right to life and physical integrity. The freedom of a person is inviolable. (These rights may be intervened only on the basis of a law.)